The Parachute Regimental Association
Grimsby & Cleethorpes Branch

The History of The Grimsby & Cleethorpes Branch

The Grimsby & Cleethorpes Branch of the Parachute Regimental Association (PRA) is one of almost 100 branches nationwide, our origins can be traced back to the Old Comrades Association, that was formed in 1949.

Gus Platts, a WWII Veteran, formed a Grimsby Branch of the PRA in the 1950s and it has grown from strength to strength, boasting over 100 members, at any one time.

In the late 1980s, the association moved from its base at the Territorial Army Centre, Westward Ho, Grimsby, to its new home at the RAFA Club in Cleethorpes, where our old Standard was stood up. We then officially became the Grimsby & Cleethorpes Branch and received our new Standard.

Contact the Grimsby & Cleethorpes Branch of The Parachute on,
077 6934 2900 or parainfo@pragrimsby.co.uk

Our website

Sponsorship

Serenity Memorials of
133 Grimsby Rd
Cleethorpes
01472 269696,
www.serenitymemorials.co.uk
Larsens Marine Surveyors & Consultants Ltd
16 Cambrian Way,
Holton Le Clay,
+44 (0)1472 826 820
larsensmarine.com