The History of The Grimsby & Cleethorpes Branch
The Grimsby & Cleethorpes Branch of the Parachute Regimental Association (PRA) is one of almost 100 branches nationwide, our origins can be traced back to the Old Comrades Association, that was formed in 1949.
Gus Platts, a WWII Veteran, formed a Grimsby Branch of the PRA in the 1950s and it has grown from strength to strength, boasting over 100 members, at any one time.
In the late 1980s, the association moved from its base at the Territorial Army Centre, Westward Ho, Grimsby, to its new home at the RAFA Club in Cleethorpes, where our old Standard was stood up. We then officially became the Grimsby & Cleethorpes Branch and received our new Standard.